Monday, July 6, 2009

Stupid Things in Sports....

1. The people who write down the lineups, hits, strikeouts, etc. on scorebooks at baseball games- First, there is a scoreboard at every stadium for a purpose. Second, isn't the point of going to a game is to have fun,drink, relax and not have to do work. This really got to me when I was sitting next to someone at Spring Training, and they were so in to it that they even wrote down pinch hitters.

2. Fans during the seventh inning strecth- I know some people love this but it is so pointless. Baseball is the only sport that during the middle of a game everyone in the crowd will get up and stretch. Once again, I realized this at Spring Training when me and my buddy were the only ones sitting in the stadium. Why should the fans need to stretch? They have been sitting for the past two hours.

3. Coin Toss- Everytime I go to a Bears game I think about how the coin toss was originated. There needs to be a better way for football to decide who get's the ball first. I honestly believe that the "coin toss" has lost teams games, conference championships and super bowls because of how the overtime rules are designed. Basketball, does it a great way with the jump ball. Maybe, the home team should get to decide what they want to do because every team has the same amount of home and away games. Fair?

- Jim

1 comment:

  1. 1. Fans write down the stats so they can remember how the game went later, when they can no longer see the scoreboard. It is hardly work, and those fans who do it know what's going on better than everyone else in the stadium.

    2. Fans stretch during the seventh inning because IT'S CALLED THE SEVENTH INNING STRETCH. Every other game has a halftime where the players can relax and cool off, except baseball. Most fans also use this half time to GET UP, STRETCH, AND GET SOME FOOD. When you sit down for two plus hours, your muscles get stiff and sore (a scientifically proven fact), so fans need to stretch.

    3. I do not understand how anyone can possibly think a coin toss is unfair. IT'S A 50-50 CHANCE!! Sure every team has the same amount of home games as away games...but it's the SAME ODDS: 50-50!! I don't understand the logic there. Plus, once the playoffs begin, the home to away game ratio is no longer 1. Fair? I think not.

    ReplyDelete