Saturday, July 11, 2009

UFC 100



After watching UFC 100 tonight, I realized how exciting mixed martial arts is. Before, I thought it was a sport about a bunch of crazy madmen who like to hit people. Now, I understand the athletic ability and discipline it takes to be one of these fighters. My favorite is Brock Lesnar. For those of you who don't know Lesnar, he is a Division 1 Nation Champion in Wrestling, played for the Vikings in the NFL, and became popular among the nation through the WWE. I first watched him fight in his title bout with Randy Couture, which ended in a knockout. My favorite thing about him is his tatoo, which is by far the greatest tatoo in sports( just look at the picture).
If there is one thing that I have learned is that everyone hates him, or at least the people in Vegas. After destroying Frank Mir tonight in two rounds, the crowd responded with "boos". I'm not sure why so many people dislike him, maybe because of his cockiness, but the display he put on tonight against Mir was simply amazing. Even though fans may not like his style, his record speaks for itself. His post-fight interview with Joe Rogan is absolutley hilarious. Watch below...

No comments:

Post a Comment